Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Current World Season
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» I have never been so insulted!
by Lark Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:42 am

» Our latest plans for this month and a little later...
by Lark Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:43 pm

» Activity Check: July 2017
by Lark Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:38 pm

» Earning Skill Points
by Lark Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:28 pm

» Larks Roleplay thread stash
by Lark Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:39 pm

» Activity Check: June 2017
by Lark Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:02 pm

» A sense of Purpose | AW
by Kamaji Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:07 pm

» Join us on Discord!
by Lark Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:36 pm

» Rate the Event!
by Lark Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:03 pm

Top posting users this month
Lark

Share | 

Strange but Familiar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
O'Malley

Azur Healer
Chrystals : 314

PostSubject: Strange but Familiar   Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:28 pm

O'Malley padded through the thicket, her scent breezing past her lean form. Her auds were pressed against her nape, but jerked forward when the auditory voices were present beyond her. Their words were unclear, but O'Malley could hear the gruff tones in their rhythmic voice. Her hues gleamed with unknown curiosity; "Males.." The gal remained in fixed position, unknown of their status - friend or foe. Instead of taking her chances, she turned away to somewhere new.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian
Chrystals : 846

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:35 pm

Kamaji found himself in the place where he knew all too well, it's dangers. The 4 year old male glanced back and forward of his winding path through old houses and fences and the male caught on to a scent of a female he didn't know. The male snorted, curious and concerned. Females in his eyes required constant protection. When he spotted the black and white female as she turned awsy, he called out to her. "You are alone..." he eyed her steadily.

O'Malley

Azur Healer

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:44 pm

"You are alone.."
There it was, another voice, louder than the duo from previous time. Only a slight turn of her nape, had O'Malley realize the voice was directed at here. While the gal was anxious for this encounter, she posed confidently to the brute. "Not technically, I'm here with you, amiright?" Her cool accent slipped from her chops with a cool smile. Re-positioning her form, O'Malley trailed from the forage and headed for the male cooly. "Are you alone?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:50 pm

Was it a flirtation? The male flicked an ear at her reply. He shook his head slightly. "Course not." He said, "We are here. Together. " Although, if solitude was what she wanted..."Am I disturbing you?"

O'Malley

Azur Healer

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:02 am

"Course not. We are here. Together. Am I disturbing you?"
O'Malley whipped her tail to the side quickly with excitement, but hearing the brute's words made her blush lightly. Did she come off too strong? Or was the lass just lucky enough to meet a brute who was charming unlike others she may have come across. The femme stood before the male, looking his in the face, before slinking to his flank and rubbing herself against him. She shrunk her body slightly in position, giving the brute dominance to take the conversation wherever he wanted it to go. "No, I'm free," O'Malley spoke, then plopped herself to the ground. Her legs were achy from travel; "They call me O'Malley, how about you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:51 am

Kamaji had never been good with romantic essences or even the physicality of it. He was still young. The females flirtation took him aback for a moment and while she slipped to his flank and rubbed against him, the guardian apprentice drew a blank as to how to react to such a strange and enticing way to flirt with a stranger. The male nodded, trying to keep his composure. He settled beside her, crossing his paws. This was a relaxed encounter. " I have no duties right now." He said seriously, trying to drive the conversation away from the things he wasn't sure he wanted.

O'Malley

Azur Healer

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:24 am

"I have no duties right now."
Seeing as the male planted himself in a mannerly fashion, O'Malley eased up her built in tension seeing as the male wasn't a threat to her. She also let her flirtatious facade go; the lass wasn't muscular at all, so O'Malley's skills against a male of his depth were puny. Flirting or some sort of charm was the femme's only defense against males - at least the younger ones. Once O'Malley knew she was safe, she'd calm down a lot, or she'd make her escape in case the odds turned against her. However, this wasn't anything like that. "I know not of what my duties are, or who I am lead by. I know nothing at all,"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:26 pm

Kamaji tilted his head at her words. "Every wolf has a duty." He assured her softly. He glanced at her, surprised by such a strange statement. "Have you no desire for something you want to do?" He asked, curious. The male took I her form. A hunter? He paused his thought. "Are you creative?" He was thinking alchemist.

O'Malley

Azur Healer

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:41 pm

"Every wolf has a duty. Have you no desire for something you want to do? A hunter? Are you creative?"
O'Malley turned her nape to face the brute as he spoke, then scoffed quietly as his words guided into her ear. "A hunter - me? I wish I could catch big game by myself." O'Malley joked lightly, then pawed at him softly. "I ought to take that as a compliment, but no. I haven't had a successful hunt; everything is triple my size. But I'm good with herbs and potions if that counts."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:05 am

Kamaji chuckled at her reply and snorted when she batted at his face with her paw. The gesture reminded him of a feline. At the mention of herbs and potions the male nodded. "Ah. A healer then." He suggested. The male shuffled himself into a more comfortable position. "What types of potions would you brew?" He dared to ask.

O'Malley

Azur Healer

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:56 am

"Ah. A healer then. What types of potions would you brew?
The lass stretched her legs out and yawned lightly, then rested her cranium on her outreached limb while looking at the male wolf.
"I guess that's what I'd be pretty decent at," O'Malley responded while looking away, then focused on him as he re-positioned himself as well. She yawned again, ten continued talking:
"However, I don't know where my pack is at, who my pack-mates are, or if I'm even in one." The femme presumed that leaders would make their presence known in quiet places like this, but she had never seen one that she deemed "decent," or seen one around. Maybe they were elsewhere - which meant O'Malley would have to seek them out.
"What's your pack and status?" If the duo happened to be in differing or possibly enemy packs, O'Malley wasn't sure whether she'd see her friend again. Would she leave her pack for him? Or just break the rules for another encounter?
Being so lost in her thoughts, O'Malley dared to almost ignore his question of brews she's made previously: "Nothing too grand; I've made healing potions, a lethal potion if need-be, brews that can put you in a trance momentarily, a 'third-eye' potion, and others that I don't have a name for,"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:42 pm

The male watched as the female tested her head upon her front leg before she spoke. He nodded, understanding that this female was perhaps undecided on her very career path that would make her a great asset to a pack of her choice. He scent suggested it wasn't his.

He laughed at her, suddenly. "How do you not know if you are in a pack?" He was so taken aback by that statement that he just could help but laugh at her, a laugh that shook his entire body. "You'll find one." He assured her after regaining his composure. He adjusted himself to his side so that he could rest an aching shoulder, one where the bears claw had permanently marked him.

"My rank is Guardian. I fall to the Azurian pack, led by Yasuna." He smiled gently. "You will meet all the Alphas one day. They come together at peace meetings every now and then." He frowned, seeing her lost in thought. "I...am not aware of the mention between Sigma and Azuria...but perhaps that would be something to consult your Alpha with." He said, thinking of how much he did not want to get too close to this female. He knew his heart would betray him, and his duties.

At her explanation of potions, he smiled. "Alchemy or Healer would suit you then." He smiled.

O'Malley

Azur Healer

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:25 pm

"How do you not know if you are in a pack? You'll find one. My rank is Guardian. I fall to the Azurian pack, led by Yasuna. You will meet all the Alphas one day. They come together at peace meetings every now and then. I...am not aware of the mention between Sigma and Azuria...but perhaps that would be something to consult your Alpha with. Alchemy or Healer would suit you then."
O'Malley crinkled her nose at his inquiry, then turned her gaze in another direction to disguise her mottled anguish and confusion.
"Perhaps because I've never met an alpha, of any nearby pack." The femme spattered rambunctiously to back up her claim; "I know I will, eventually."
Her amber hues meeting his gold ones, O'Malley heeded his dialogue with concern and knowing. She had multiple inquiries, but asking would only make her feel like a fool. Therefore, the lass remained quiet.
"Guardian of Azuria - suits you." She chimed, slightly giggling to herself. Of course a male of his stature was some sort of fighter, guardian of a pack. O'Malley lolled herself for asking such a dumb question when she could have guessed it herself.
"I don't know of this Sigma you speak of;" The lass reacted with grand confusion. What was the brute even speaking in regard of? Who was her alpha he spoke of?
"Heh.. Yeah, we'll see about that," O'Malley responded while rising off her flank, then proceeded to stretch her limbs out. Her eyes wandered, then settled on his scar. It covered a good portion of his shoulder, and it seemed to bother him, so she asked: "Does it still hurt?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:27 pm

Kamaji was surprised to hear that the female hadn't met an Alpha yet. Not ever? The question in his mind was absurd. Surely her parents were Alphas? Still, he was glad she felt confident she would meet one sometime soon. He smiled and raised his head proudly as she mentioned his position as guardian and agreed he suited the rank. He didn't touch the alpha and rank subject further, it started to bore him. When she asked about his scar, he smiled, feeling suddenly vulnerable about the subject. "We do what we must for the pack. Even a would like this one was worth the pain." He paused a moment, then said, "You'll feel compelled and eager to do what must be done for your pack. Even in the most unbearable circumstances." He smiled, almost sadly, remembering his past, before he realized that he didn't know this female by name. "I am Kamaji." He greeted, standing and bowing so that he stood with her at eye level. He didn't register the gesture as flirtation, or give it a second thought.

O'Malley

Azur Healer

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:47 am

"We do what we must for the pack. Even a would like this one was worth the pain. You'll feel compelled and eager to do what must be done for your pack. Even in the most unbearable circumstances..I am Kamaji."

O'Malley heeded his words with no doubt lingering in her head; the lass knew a thing or two about risking lives to help, save, or protect another. However, she didn't have the scars to prove it, but the experience was still there.
"You're really brave to do that," O'Malley replied softly, leaning in further but slowly to examine it as not to startle the male. He continued to speak, so O'Malley's left aud perked up to catch every word while she studied the wound and the area around it. The scar was already healed up, but it was irritated from the brute using his shoulder and such. She noticed a small scab that was open inside it; this was probably what was causing him discomfort.
The male introduced himself after she had backed up from his shoulder, and she couldn't help but blush and smile.
"It's a pleasure finally knowing your name, Kamaji. Mine is O'Malley, but any nickname will do." She greeted with a wag of her tail, then proceeded to speak: "Soaked mint leaves should do the trick with your shoulder. You have an open incision inside the scratch; the mint leaves will numb it and fight infection. It's small, so nothing can be done except for constant cleaning and all."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:49 pm

The male looked at the female he now knew as O'Malley. He would call her Mal. As she studied his wound, the male fell silent until she recommended use of mint leaves soaked in warm water. He chuckled. "I am not a healer. I know about the use  cobwebs to stop bleeding, but that is all I know. " he shifted again and examined his scar. A healer could tell details. All the warrior knew was that he ached in the area where his would resided. "Pleasure to meet you." He said, after relaxing himself a bit more, laying his muzzle on his side. The male was silent for a moment. He knew she was a mere stranger but...hus guard was down. When was his guard ever down? He sighed, not pleased with hinself. "Suely, you have been courted before?" He couldn't help but ask. What other subject could they possibly talk about?  He had killed others and Mal seemed very sensitive and fragile in his eyes. He couldn't burden her with his battle history.

O'Malley

Azur Healer

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:33 am

"I am not a healer. I know about the use cobwebs to stop bleeding, but that is all I know."
The lass couldn't help but hold in a giggle - of course Kamaji lacked knowledge and method in the art of healing. This brute was a warrior - it was evident in his stature, so there was no surprise to O'Malley when he spoke this. "That's okay, I'm always here to help." The lady promised with a gleam in her eye as she looked up to the male.
"Pleasure to meet you."
Conversation fell quiet as the healer searched his body for other wounds that needed addressing, but seeing none, she returned her attention the the infection. O'Malley was so focused that she almost jumped at the sudden message. Touched, she looked up and smiled: "The pleasure is all mine," Seeing the brute wince at the movement of his shoulder, the gal searched blue hues around for tools. "There's nothing here, but I see a web over there I can wind up," She announced while rising off her haunches. "I'll be right back."

O'Malley galloped over the the collapsed tree, seeing an old, eerie web gliding with the breeze. Seeing no spider in sight, she pressed her paw against the cobweb - taking it. With a wad of web at paw, O'Malley returned to her friend. "I couldn't find any mint, but I'll get some soon so we can clean that up." She announced softly, lowering her rump the the dirt to continue her procedure. "This will have to do for now; maybe a trip to the territory can help we collect more herbs." She continued to speak while rolling up the wad with her paws, then nudged it with her snout to the open wound.

"Surely, you have been courted before?"

Seeing as her work was finished for now, the lass relaxed and settled back next to Kamaji. Thats when silence broke, and O'Malley was taken aback from the inquiry, but smiled nonetheless when she figured out what to say. "No, but I would like to be one day;" It was a thought O'Malley pondered often. "Have you anyone?" The lass asked, curious and anxious for the answer. Although she wouldn't admit it, she was slightly smitten with the male, so she was antsy for a reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:15 pm

The male was thankful for the medical work O'Malley did on him. It felt better; she truly had healers touch. The male nodded in thanks as she she sat herself beside him and answered with a statement that gave the male a sense of opportunity. When she asked about his dating history, however, the males eyes darkened to that day when his previous mate had cast him out for the unforgettable wrong he had committed.

He looked away, knowing that if he did want to court the lass, he would need to bring out the truth. He would see her shutter, and her gaze would judge him, but he wanted to try, no matter the outcome. If he was all e in life, then he was alone.

"I had a mate once." He started, "And pups. I was an Alpha, proud and protective of my family." He sighed, remembering the grace of his long lost beauty. It hurt, and it tangled his thoughts in a way that the male didn't always want to think about the love he would never see or touch again. "She was beautiful, strong. A wolf worth all the things in this world. She was so strong that...She stood by our values. The wrong I had done..." He sighed in defeat. "I deserve hell. It was an accident, a lack of self control. I could never have a family of my own as long as I carry the weight if murderer." He suddenly felt that courting O'Malley would being back memories or things he did not want to repeat. What if she was pregnant down the road and he lost control again? He couldn't bare it...

O'Malley

Azur Healer

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:21 am

"I had a mate once. And pups. I was an Alpha, proud and protective of my family."

Auds flattened against her skull at the sound of his words; it was a message the lass wasn't quite prepared to hear. As much as she'd hate to admit it - she was smitten with Kamaji, and internally O'Malley felt a mixture of emotion hearing he did have love once. That perhaps the brute may refuse to move on or let go; O'Malley would accept that, seeing as she'd probably do the same in similar circumstance. Maybe they weren't meant to be, or have a chance like she had hoped. O'Malley sighed and shook her cranium; times were always stressful with her emotions. The gal was young, naive; she rushes and falls head-over-paws easily. However, she'd pick herself back up and move on - although with Kamaji, her feelings were different. Indescribable, almost.

"She was beautiful, strong. A wolf worth all the things in this world. She was so strong that...She stood by our values. The wrong I had done..."

Her blue hues didn't meet his at all while he spoke; the gal was slightly embarrassed to believe they had a spark growing between the duo.
"I'm sure she was amazing," the canis forced herself to say, believing him and looking away. All the attributes of this female was who she had wished to be, for herself; the femme was drained of being looked at like a child, but she didn't know how to change. O'Malley stopped listening almost, too upset with herself, however the end of his message had puzzled her. She sent him a questioning glance.

"I deserve hell. It was an accident, a lack of self control. I could never have a family of my own as long as I carry the weight if murderer."

With the dots internally connecting, O'Malley could only assume the brute had accidentally slayed his kin. The lass sulked slightly in sympathy for him and his former mate. "I know that's hard.. That's a lot to carry." The femme began, looking down at her paws, "That's a lot of weight to carry on your shoulders, but there's no changing the past. There's no changing, editing, or forgetting.. all you can do is learn to accept. And I know it's hard to accept something like that, but try to forgive yourself and begin again."

The femme took a gulp of courage, swallowed her pride, and looked at the brute while placing her paw over his. Maybe they wouldn't have a chance, maybe they would, but regardless it wouldn't stop her from being a friend in the moment. "There's not much I can say or do, but I'm here for you." She began again, "But your past is holding you back; you fail to see what good is right at your nose. You're not alone; you have family right here.. me, the pack. And this land that has not yet been explored yet. There's so many endless possibilities.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:41 am

Kamaji was silent as O'Malley explained and supported him. It shocked him. How was she not scared? Why wasn't she running away from him? The male just couldn't quite put it all together. The warrior who had no self-control. That is why he stayed distant from those he cares about. But this female...she had looked his past in the eyes and stood her ground. Some part of him went out to her, a feeling he hadn't felt in a long time begged to be released.

Kamaji looked at the paw she had laid over his. "You are different from so many..." He said quietly. He couldn't remember seeing fear in her eyes. She was like a pup to him and her features and pelt...he had heard of the tortures, he was lucky to have not been touched by the humans, but he did see beauty in her unnatural design. She was a pup, but he could fix that, or leave her as she was...."You're beautiful." He said, eyes meeting hers with a surity he would like to court her, if she would have him.

O'Malley

Azur Healer

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:50 pm

"You are different from so many..."

A new light blossomed in O'Malley's frail heart when the brute said this. It was like a butterfly's wings in her stomach, and the gal was so taken aback she didn't know how to respond. All the canine could do was blush. The lass smiled lightly, but was unsure of his motives and speech. O'Malley knew the brute was still hurting inside, as was she, but O'Malley felt that she'd be able to pull Kamaji from the hole the canis put himself in. Whether they'd pair together one day, O'Malley wasn't certain of this; the gal didn't mind waiting as she was in no hurry to get hitched, but wasn't sure if her feelings were mutual anyway.

"You're beautiful."

"Oh, Kamaji," O'Malley sighed happily, still exuberant from all the emotions spiraling inside her. The lass didn't know what to say; O'Malley just giggled softly to herself. It was in this moment, the lady knew how he felt. She knew what she was feeling, too.
"There's so much I wanna say.." The femme murmured while brushing her head against him slightly, their scents combining into one; "But I can't." She looked down, then at him. His warm smile fueled her up, and without question, she placed a light lick upon his cheek.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:44 pm

She was so taken aback by his efforts towards her, that he felt declined to take things further. When the female licked at his cheek, his natural reaction was to nip at her jaw. Ears laid back in submission to her, he was unconditionally vulnerable. Whatever she said to him, he would take it to heart. He didn't know why, he just knew that she wasn't afraid of him. She thrust herself at him in a way that he knew not to move too fast with, not to make her uncomfortable. The male would simply devote himself to her. Was this love? He wasn't sure. He could only let time lead him. "We should find our pack." He whispered to her. He watched her with a guarded gaze now, but also ears alert for danger. In his own way, he had claimed her.

O'Malley

Azur Healer

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:18 am

This is gonna suck.

"Let's go," O'Malley chimed lightly, nipping his ear in return. Kamaji messed around, then proceeded to walk ahead. O'Malley got herself off the ground and followed quickly behind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange but Familiar   

Back to top Go down

Strange but Familiar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1