Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Current World Season
Switch Accounts

Latest topics
» I have never been so insulted!
by Lark Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:42 am

» Our latest plans for this month and a little later...
by Lark Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:43 pm

» Activity Check: July 2017
by Lark Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:38 pm

» Earning Skill Points
by Lark Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:28 pm

» Larks Roleplay thread stash
by Lark Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:39 pm

» Activity Check: June 2017
by Lark Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:02 pm

» A sense of Purpose | AW
by Kamaji Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:07 pm

» Join us on Discord!
by Lark Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:36 pm

» Rate the Event!
by Lark Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:03 pm

Top posting users this month
Lark

Share | 

A stroll through Hell | P

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kamaji

Azur Guardian
Chrystals : 846

PostSubject: A stroll through Hell | P   Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:04 pm

This place... I had no idea the two legged were so intelligent. Their dens were huge. So many of them in one place, and how sturdy they were. Their food smelled funny, dry and dead. I never understood the scents in their food. Still, it was a good place to scavenge. I needed to be alert of any predators who may be walking the area. The bear incident would not compare, but the scar would scare a hungry mammal large and more powerful than myself.

I had wandered about this place so many times. It frightened and intrigued me, but why? I hadn't seen a two-legged in all my time. The land itself, since I seen on my travels, indicated that man had been here and was now long gone. Were they really? The scents of them faint. I didn't want to run into one. A warrior is wise not to confront an enemy he does not understand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keikerri

Stig Guardian
Chrystals : 779

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:40 am

Keikerri padded through the human residences with his head down, them looking eerily dark and abandoned. The black male had wandered too far into unfamiliar territory, and he was more than uncomfortable. All he wanted was to leave, far from this place. Keikerri's senses were on alert, and his eyes raked his surrounds. He didn't welcome any surprises while he was alone. He huffed irritatedly, and lifted his head into the air slowly.

Suddenly, a new scent invaded his nose, and Keikerri stopped dead in his tracks. He jerked his head around, towards the scent trail. It was another wolf. A stranger. Keikerri's lips pulled back to bare his canines, a small growl rumbling in his throat. His ears strained forward, then flattened against his head. He didn't like strangers in places like this, and he definitely wasn't going to take the chance of attack. His muscles tensed, his body going rigid and the fur on the back of his neck stood on end.

Crouching down to the ground in the patch of grass, Keikerri stared around, glaring into his surroundings. His paws clenched and unclenched, his long, blunt claws making lines in the earth. And there he was. A wolf came into his view, seeming to be alert as he was. Keikerri growled again, rising up just slightly to have better leverage. He would figure out what this stranger would be doing in this place, and maybe not if they, hopely, didn't interact. He continued to stare at the wolf, waiting for what happened next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:35 pm

Before I noticed him, I was looking about, wondering why the humans had, by assumption, gone extinct. It was strange, being in their territory, all without their shouts and screams and thunder cracks. Even the mongrel they call dog was absent at the moment. I never grew tired of them chasing me. Dogs were halfbrained and dimwitted. The game was a constant thrill. Even horses were fun to taunt. When I had seen him though, I'd forgotten that even my own kind were a threat and when I saw him raise his head and a glimpse of fangs caught my eye, I wondered if I still understood the ways of the warrior. As a previous alpha, I knew that title was long gone. The animal within me drew itself, and in turn I returned his gestures.

I faced him. By his stature, he seemed to know the ways of the warrior. He waits. My blood ran as I too waited, a mention I almost say I could miss. My muscles flexed and my age, 4 if I've counted right, searched to remember words that I hadn't spoken in a year. None came. The tips of my fangs exposed, I would play the waiting game too. This black male before me had the honor of first move.

Keikerri

Stig Guardian

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Keikerri knew he would have been spotted sooner or later, even if his dark pelt was almost the same color of the deadened ground. When the stranger looked his way and reacted quickly, his back legs stiffened and his tail jerked unevenly. Keikerri did not want to threaten this wolf, in the chance that there could be an unnecessary fight, but he would be prepared and made sure to have this stranger know. He would be prepared to fight.

The dark male rose to his paws slowly, his lips trying to relax. His tail still waved in the air, and his ears angled backwards. Keikerri stared down the other male, knowing they could both stay like that for hours. His smokey eyes took in every detail, seeing every body signal that was displayed. He knew how delicate this atmosphere was and didn't want it to explode.  Keeping calm and not making any rash or dangerous decisions were essentially the key to keeping this situation at least neutral.

Keikerri raised his head, exhaling. He would not handle this like his former family, he would be smart and practical. The black male willed his body to relax slightly, and snapped his eyes into focus. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" He barked low to the other wolf, keeping his voice void of any hostile expressions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:23 pm

My ghostly gaze watched the male as he stood from his place, tail high, ears moving back and forth. My left ear flicked, but I kept them up, listening for any shadows who may be looking to ambush me. His focus seemed to match mine. I was almost tempted to up the stakes, but this male proved to be much smarter than I anticipated. While he addressed me, his manner eased a bit. Perhaps this was a chance meeting but could he truly be trusted?

"I don't think either of us are so quick to give away our intentions." I growled back. "The tension lessens, but we both know we have so experience in our trade." I was glad that even with my experience, I still had the writs about me; it has been too long since I'd encountered a wolf. I made a few, slow steps closer to the male, tail flicking behind me. "Are you going to pretend Alpha, or are we going to talk like gentleman here?" I asked, somewhat provocatively. This male was young, I wanted to see what he knows and whether he could truly hold his own, even without the use of his fangs.

Keikerri

Stig Guardian

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:34 pm

Keikerri couldn't help but growl lowly in his throat at the strangers slight taunt. He caught himself, but those thoughts of wanting to just attack this stranger lingered in his head. He felt increasingly uncomfortable and threatened, and usually he would eliminate that feeling at the source immediately. That source being this wolf in front of him. The black male's body tightened again when the stranger padded forward a couple of steps, his mind becoming jumbled. Half of Keikerri wanted to think this through and smartly, but the other wanted to sink to the level of his former family, operating purely on instinct, and attack this stranger without any prior thought. And to add to that, he was fully aware this wasn't even claimed territory.

Keikerri tilted his head, for some reason suddenly getting a feeling of himself in this wolf. He felt that this stranger had been alone for a long portion of his life, like he had. How this lone male handled that, Keikerri did not know. He lowered his head slightly, tilting his head. "I do not wish a fight." He replied, "but I will defend myself if it does come to that. Let's not have it go that way." Keikerri's eyes watched the other, his grey orbs flicking at every move the male mad, even the twitch of his muscles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:27 pm

The males response certainly told me that he was smart, and a bit wise for one so young. He reminded me a bit of myself, but without all of the red. His low growl encouraged one of my own. His words, careful. I watched him tilt his head and seemed rather at ease for a moment, thinking. As a warrior, I knew I couldn't be distracted but her words are what threw me off.

"Indeed." I let my muscles relax, ever slightly. It seems we have more of an understanding than I had thought. "Your age is one thing, but you are wise." I said, setting on my haunches. "But even survival for the fittest does not apply in these lands." I sighed. "My name is Kamaji. I specialize as a warrior. And you?" I watched him almost preylike.

Keikerri

Stig Guardian

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:23 am

Keikerri watched the other as he responded. The moment he seemed to relax, even the slightest, Keikerri's mind calmed. The black male still stood even as the stranger sat and introduced himself as Kamaji. He hesitated, surprised at the sudden strike at conversation. Though, he did nothing to object to this attempt at civility. "My name is Keikerri."

He then decided to sit down, lightly as it was. He was true to his words, and even if he returned Kamaji's somewhat relaxed gestures, he was still ready to fight. Keikerri took a short look around, still creeped out by the surrounding rubble. "Yes, I walk the same path." He replied, nodding. "Far sooner than I should have." He mumbled quietly, sighing sadly to himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:09 pm

I watched as he returned the gestures at his own pace. A year's worth of experience ahead of this male gave me some sort of authority. I felt powerful, but I didn't want hostility here as much as the male seemed to give me credit for. His name...just as foreign as my own. At least we had something in common. I nodded to Keikerri. "We all learn things we don't want to." I said, running my tongue along my jaw, absently.

The human Settlement made the tension higher than it probably should be but as males in a fighter stance, what did it matter? "What brought you out here?" I asked, suddenly at a loss for words. It truly had been too long since I'd made any conversation with a wolf other than my own thoughts.

Keikerri

Stig Guardian

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:42 pm

Keikerri stayed silent for a bit, analyzing the older wolf's word. He had a point, and he wasn't wrong. It seemed they had both managed to come to an unspoken agreement, and Keikerri was thankful that it hadn't come down to something they both would probably regret. The black male sat down firmer, resting his legs. He felt like he was doing somethings stupid, but he pushed all the hostile thoughts to the back of his head. Keikerri looked up as Kamaji spoke again, his ears pricking forward to listen intently.

"Oh, well, nothing really. I had lost some game and had wandered to far." Keikerri looked down, embarrassed. He felt foolish and stupid for not paying attention to where he was. Though, that doe was the first meal he could have caught in days if it hadn't of knicked his leg with it's hoof. "And what about you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:52 pm

I had no choice but to let the chuckle escape. "Prey around here is the typical diet like that of our ancestors." I said, eyeing the male with much muse. "We have higher risks to survival as well. Perhaps, soon, we may turn to hunting predators such as bears for our daily meal." I glanced around. "Even the landscape of this place is different." I added thoughtfully. I sighed, the conversation going no where I wanted it to go. This male seemed just as reserved as I was. Another thing in common. I stood, relaxed more than I previously was, out of ease for the other male. "I'm going to explore the area. Sometimes the humans leave very interesting things behind." I said, beginning to walk towards a nearby den, the entrance open, the tunnel dark.

Keikerri

Stig Guardian

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:14 am

Keikerri nodded, his ears twitching slightly. Kamaji was right, but the black male was surprised anything still inhabited this place. It was so desolate and it's state was a questionable matter. But, Keikerri guessed, some things thrive off of that kind of environment. His ears twitched again as he spotted amusement in the other's eyes, and then gave words of what seemed like departure. The large male stood up and barked out to Kamaji, a sudden feeling of unease washing over him. Keikerri guessed it was a part of him not wanting to loose sight of another after being alone without anyone. But he hadn't expected himself to call out in desperation.

"Um, we shouldn't wander alone in this place. Not that you can take care of yourself, but..." Keikerri trailed off, his muscles tensing. He looked around, and chills ran down his spine. "I should stay..." The dark male looked back at Kamaji as he finished his sentence, and waited for his rejection or acceptance. He didn't entirely know what he was asking, but he could tell if the other wolf said 'no', Keikerri had no objection to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:11 pm

I knew the familiar warning in my gut when it came, but I didn't know it's certainty. The sharp bark from my newly found acquaintance caught my attention and I glanced back at him as he suggested he accompany me. I nodded. "I don't see why not. My guess is a pack is nearby. We should..." A scent all too familiar entered my nose. A low rumble moved my chest. "We've got company..." I growled, scanning the trees for the known foe.

Game Master

Chrystals : 586

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:20 pm

Black Bear

The enormous beast had long traveled to this place searching for food. He had filled the scents the two legged had left being and made feast of the prey in the area. The male black bear scoured the ground, sniffing the prey scents. When he caught wind of old foes, the black grizzly snorted and snarled in disgust. "Dinner..." He purred. When he spied them, he kept the trendline between them, a plan in mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keikerri

Stig Guardian

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:03 am

Keikerri's head snapped to the side and his hackles raised. His thick fur was standing, and a low growl ripped from his throat. Kamaji had been right just as he was, the feeling in his stomach getting stronger as he spotted the huge creature at the same time the scent hit his nose. The black male lowered his head to the ground, baring his teeth and his ears flattened against his head. Keikerri moved farther from Kamaji so the beast did not have a big target to attack, his body rigid and muscles taut. This was the exact reason he didn't like it here, the possibility that something like this would happen. Well, now it was.

Keikerri looked at the other wolf, then went back to scanning the surroundings. This wasn't the best situation, the fact that he hadn't had a good meal in almost 4 days and a predator as strong as this one appearing in a terrain Keikerri was not used to. The dark male growled again, this time with a little worry as his mind thought out how to go about this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:37 pm

When the younger male seemed uneasy all of a sudden, I paused and looked around. Sniffing the air. The scent upwind, I wasn't sure what he was looking for, but when the wind shifted, I knew all too well. "Well now, you're not the only encounter." I snarled. I glanced at Keikerri. "Ever fought a bear?" I asked, scanning the trees. The male was young, so I doubted it, but then again I couldn't remember the day very well when I'd gotten my scar. I thought Itd be funny if this was the same bear. My hackles raised and I lowered myself, snarling at the direction I thought the beast must be. His stench was so strong, it was hard to tell.

Keikerri

Stig Guardian

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:55 am

Keikerri huffed, glancing at Kamaji, "If I had, I wouldn't be so uneasy." He didn't mean for it to come out snarky, but his sharp tongue was of habit. Turning his attention back to the predator, the large male snarled, shrinking back a couple of paces. This wouldn't be a new thing to Keikerri in the aspect that he had fought much stronger opponents than he was, but the bear itself was an addition to his long list of battles. His muscles clenched and he straightened, his ears flattened against his head. "But I'm guessing you have." Again, his words came out with a sharp edge. Keikerri stared at the massive creature before feeling his body grow cold. "How do you want to go about this?" At last, Keikerri acknowledged the experience that the older had on him, his voice holding a respective tone. Of course, there was a hint or rebellion mixed in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamaji

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:53 pm

The bear seemed so tall, Keikerri seemed to have no challenge with his view on the grizzly. I laughed inwardly. Two of us against a bear? We would lose unless...we needed leverage, and the only thing I could think of were the houses and the strange things humans called tools. "We should call for help." I suggest wisely, then as a thought, "Who would help us." I glanced at Keikerri. "We need to draw him out." I said, stepping closing to the younger male. "A diversion." I narrowed my eyes at the thing, studying it, trying to anticipate the move it could make next.

Keikerri

Stig Guardian

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:09 pm

Keikerri bared his canines once more then glanced at Kamaji as he stepped closer. The younger understood the others words, a small nod acting upon his head. The brute glanced at the large predator, his silver eyes glaring daggers. He tried to think slowly, his muscles taut and his claws grazing into the ground. Keikerri looked around, his eyes landing on some of the weird objects left behind by the humans. He looked at Kamaji, "Alright. I'll go that way, I'm probably faster. You see what those thing," Keikerri motioned towards the settlement, "can do to help us." The younger straightened more, waiting for the other brute's reply.

Azur Guardian

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   Wed May 10, 2017 11:05 pm

I glanced at the younger as i nodded to his plan. The human settlements were a good tool, and if used wisely, we could find it a great help. The brute of a grizzly was slow and two moving targets would agitate it to a point where one of us could be the decoy while the other found a good trap. I found myself scanning the ground ahead of time to make sure the path I took was secure, stepping one paw to the right. "We split and if you find something, bark. The other is a decoy till we trap him." I whispered. We had no idea how we would trap him, but surely our heads could put something together.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A stroll through Hell | P   

Back to top Go down

A stroll through Hell | P
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1